Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Homework is DONE!

Yeah! Finished my spinning homework and managed to mail it on time.  Yeah!

This one was colour blending and spindle spinning.  I can do the blending and am starting to be able to spindle spin – only dropped it a few times spinning the singles and not once while plying.  

I am in Level 1 of the Master Spinning programme given by the Ontario Handspinners group – took the first part last summer in Belleville (Ontario) and hope I can continue for the next 5 years.  I have learned so much – started out as a rather beginning spinner and am still a beginner but am managing better now, after lots of practice.  

I will always be a knitter but love the idea of being able to create my own yarn from single breed wool (like yummy Cormo and shiny Wensleydale and pretty Romney and luscious Merino and so on and so on…).  

Quite a collection of fleeces in my stash at this point, including all of the above plus an interesting Merino/Teeswater cross (very fine with very long) in a beautiful black that I bought from the breeder at the Estes Park Wool Market last June.  I haven’t tried it out yet but am planning to as soon as all of my homework is done (1 more to go – a small project from raw fleece to finished item).

No knitting today but knitting tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home