Thursday, November 26, 2009

MY olympic sweater

Not too thrilled by the Dale or The Bay Olympic sweaters (the former is dull and the latter is machine knitted!), I am going to make my own

There will be maple leaves (thanks Liz for the charts) borrowed from an old Mary Maxim sweater (there was a beaver involved - but he will be absent from mine), greens, red, some blues, some white and a few snowflakes.

All seems pretty February 2010 in Whistler BC to me.

What do you think?

Oh and the yarn .......... Lopi of course - what could be more Canadian that a yarn grown and spun in Iceland!

3 Comments:

At 9:04 a.m., Blogger Laila said...

LOL ....Lopi is Canadian..it suits our weather to a sweater !

 
At 3:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so looking forward to the Dale sweater for 2010. Then I saw it and I can only describe my feelings as 'meh'. Your idea to create your own better sweater is perfect!

 
At 5:05 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

I think that's a great idea. I'm still trying to teach myself how to do my own charted patterns for a yoke sweater...not going very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home