Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Little bit of knitting

Still precious little knitting time chez redbird but I have some to report!

Bought the yarn for this at Maryland Sheep and Wool - Krazy Skeinz Vest from Still River Mill. It is 50 merino and 50 alpaca and the big juicy skeins were just too lovely to pass up. Knitted from the top down - it is finished - just have to darn in the ends and block it!


May's Sock of the month is also finally done:

It is knitted modularly in strips that move back and forth - calling it Jazz Dance.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - colours are Cedar ns, Gold Hill and Tuscany

The alternate colours are Blackberry, Lakeview and Purple Iris (top to bottom)


I get so little knitting time lately (the pup is still pretty demanding) that I actually arrived an hour early for knitting group yesterday so I could get some extra knitting done. Did manage a couple of squares on my Noro Silk Garden Lite version of my Vivian Hoxbro shawl


Now on to process May's SOTM!

1 Comments:

At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

the colours are yummy, the sock is marvellous, the modular shawl is outstanding - you are so talented! Ainslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home