Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pretty Lady

Isn't she lovely!

All polished and ready to come home again.

Just waiting for someone to play her

Pics courtesy of Jeremy Elliott at Paul Hahn and Co

I sent my piano out to be refinished with the thought of it not being in the house when the renovations were being done and the floors sanded. I can't imagine what horrible things owuld happen to her innards with all the plaster dust and the floor dust and the paint drips.

I bought this piano at an auction at a church that was being converted to (very high priced) condominiums. Not one to let a bargain go by I bid on spec and won it for a very small price. A few repairs later and this recent refinishing and I have an instrument to be proud of.

Lovely clean bright sound

Piano quartets here we come!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I'd give my eyeteeth to have a neighbor who played the piano so I could enjoy it when the windows are open.

Way to go, Robyn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home