Friday, November 09, 2007

November sockness

I have had my eye on the Japanese stitch dictionaries for a long time and had originally planned to buy 3 or 4 of them - especially the one that has 1000 in the title!

After close inspection thanks to Marcia at Needlearts Books, the only one I bought was the white one with 250 in the title. It is chock full of inspiration and my November sock is inspired by several of the lace and cable patterns in the book.

With a couple of modifications, I have something that I am really pleased with. I hope you will be too.

Presenting Lotus in its original pumpkiny state:
And in Photoshopped green
and mauve
The yarn is Meilenweit Seta Cashmere and is really yummy to work with. I had about 9 grams left of a 50g ball when done to fit my size 7 1/2 feet

6 Comments:

At 9:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get started on this one!
which stitch dictionaries are you talking about?
Janelle

 
At 11:12 a.m., Blogger Debra said...

Love it! Do you have the pattern available elsewhere?

 
At 12:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to work on this one too. And the renos are going great guns! It's looking really nice!

 
At 12:40 p.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

Lotus is my November Sock of the Month.

 
At 3:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn,

That is a beautiful sock! I love the heel, too. I just might have to get my hands on one or two of those stitch dictionaries!

 
At 6:51 p.m., Blogger Needles said...

Splendid! I love the stitch pattern. Very striking and the colour is right up my alley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home