Friday, February 08, 2008

Project update

This jacket really hit my eye when the most recent Vogue Knitting arrived so I almost immediately cast on for it.


I swatched Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in Ash but was a little unsure about quantities so I tried out Estelle Alpaca Cashmere Tweed instead. I love the cables:


And pretty soon, I had finished the back. Granite is investigating and seems to approve:

Bought some Araucania Ranco Multy and started a sock with it:


Pretty! and I love the feather and fan pattern - nothing extraordinary about it but it is so easy to knit and is quite effective in lots of things (Noro throw, Ice Queen...)

And a beauty shot of my cello. Peter Chandler who made it was a wonderful man and I enjoy playing this instrument so much. It has a warm bright sound and has just passed its 10th year - built in July 1997


Lovely back - nice purfling (that's the inlay around the edge)

Have a lovely weekend all!

1 Comments:

At 11:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make beautiful and amazing things. Wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home