Thursday, December 20, 2007

More Fetching

Almost finished my 3rd pair of Fetching fingerless mitts. Easy pattern and a very pretty result

These are for my SIL who gets up early every morning and walks for an hour. She is a very disciplined woman! I am going to try Ice Queen (Knitty) in this yarn for her too - something soft and warm for her early morning tromps through the snow,

Renos are about done - just a few outside trim details on the garden doors needed and the weather has been too frightful (inside has been delightful - how many times have you heard that Christmas song shopping this season - it seems to be almost the only one! That one and White Christmas!) to finish off. Matt will be back when it warms up to put the finishing touches to them.

The POD has come and gone and all the furniture is back. The piano arrived yesterday and is looking wonderful (sounds terrible though and will get a tuning once it has had a chance to settle down and get over its trauma). My room is habitable and once I get my shelves painted (this weekend I think) , I can put everything together.

Shopping is about done - just have to get something for our family dinner on XMas day - just the 3 of us and then we go to my brother's on the 26th for a family shindig. Presents are bought but need to be wrapped so this weekend looks like a painting and wrapping weekend. I will be happy to stay off the streets and out of the malls as it will be CRRRRAAAAZZZY.

And if these guys don't get there first:

Lower left and upper right.

These are next Spring's Magnolia buds:


Today's Door Cam was brought to you by the letter S (squirrels oh my!) and the number 0 (for the number of magnolia buds that are lost to the above mentioned squirrels and the rest of the winter.

Very Happy Holidays to all

2 Comments:

At 8:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn,
Pam at the London Market gave me your site. She was knitting a beautiful sock. I am a "simple" knitter, who needs to branch out. Enough with the scarves and toques! I am interested in knitting fingerless gloves....and I am also "simple" about the internet. Can you help me out??
Happy New Year! Lynn Savage.

 
At 2:30 p.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

Try Knitty.com - lots of goodies there. Robyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home