Friday, July 11, 2008

The Deck

The deck and one of the back doors with the lovely green plastic chair that I sit in to drink my coffee - not this am due to rain but most every other day

Note to the frugal gardeners among you:

The Weeping Nootka False Cypress was in the hurt plant bin at Humber Nurseries at half price - must be 12 years or so ago - was 50.00 - bought it for 25.00. It was a mere stick and wobbled in the pot. TLC and a bit of water got it to its current state

The red Japanese Maple on the left was a 10.00 yearling bought at a Bonsai show several years ago - now about 12 feet tall

The Hosta in the green pot is a division (one of many many divisions) of one of my first Hostas bought 20 years ago or so - I have given away about 20 such divisions and have kept about 10. I think it originally cost 4.00. The pot was a Loblaws garden centre 9.95 deal

The green plastic chair was 20.00 at Dominion about 8 years ago - the last of the original 4 I bought at the time.

And this Redbud was from LEAF's backyard tree programme - a Toronto city funded initiative to get greenery into peoples' backyards - $25.00. Has your city/town/... a similar programme or have they thought about one?

Raindrops on Redbuds and whiskers on kittens.... These are a few of my favourite things.

Have any of you been watching "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" on CBC-TV - sundays and Mondays. John Barrowman is worth a look.......!!!!

All pictures taken using my Nikon D70s by my DD Katherine

1 Comments:

At 3:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an idyllic spot for morning coffee...so peaceful.
Laila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home