Monday, October 06, 2008

Finishing weekend

Was supposed to go to Kingston this weekend to visit Ainslie and pick up some yarn from the spinner but neither Ainslie nor I were feeling well so it turned into a finishing weekend instead.

I am determined not to start anything new until I can at least see some room on my knitting projects shelf - which is deep, wide and tall - and lives above the TV in a cabinet in the living room. I sorted through everything up there and frogged a couple, put a couple away for next spring (summer tops aren't going to be needed again for a while - darn it!) and took a few down for designated finishing work.

This was the first - my Noro Kureyon Sock wrap shawl (colour #184 and 2 balls for those who asked):


All it needed was the last tie sewn on and to be steamed but I couldn't find the last bit of yarn left over (which wasn't much anyway) so had to undo one of the ties a bit in order to steal some yarn from it in order to sew it on. You can just see a bit of the end of the tie at the bottom of the picture.

All done now - and steamed this morning. I wore it a bit yesterday - sitting on the deck having my am coffee and just love the way it feels to wear - like a very warm comfortable sweater but fitted close to the body and completely cosy.

I see more in my future!

And the other item finished is my Noro Silk Garden Sock mitred square and braided vest:

The waist sits better on me than on the judy - it is my daughter's judy and she is much more short waisted than I am. The braided section is right on my waist

This is the back of the neck. Nice play of colours imho.


And all folded up and ready for the drawer

Also did another pattern repeat on my Norwegian Woods Shawl. 1 more row to go on repeat 2 of 3 of the 2nd last section.

I practised on Sunday too! Not a very frequent thing but I am playing the Schubert C major quintet today and the 2nd movement is a real bugger for the 2nd cello so I thought I would do a bit of wood shedding so as not to make too much of a hash of it. I'll let you know how it goes!

4 Comments:

At 12:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

love them both...bring the shawl to the next DKC
Laila

 
At 9:07 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Very very nice work!!!! tell me- what pattern did you use for the Noro sock weight shawl- and how much yarn did it take (just wondering, since I have some of that stashed away).....

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

Both lovely!

I'd also like to know what pattern you used for the shawl. :)

 
At 1:14 a.m., Blogger Grannie said...

I spent quite some time on the site for the shawls, absolutely have to add this to my wish list. Could you tell us which colourway of Noro Kureyon you used. I don't usually want to copy exactly someone else's work, but for this one I'll make an exception!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home