Saturday, September 20, 2008

Many a stitch was knit last night

Nothing more delightful than a long evening of pure knitting time stretching out before me. Last night was great for working on my Norwegian Woods Shawl.

Both repeats of pattern 2 done and on to the first of 3 of pattern 3.

This is the scarf version but you can see where I am - just at the beginning of what looks to me like gothic arches. Getting close to the end - but still lots of looooong rows and getting longer ... to knit


Just queued this up on Ravelry. Another Hanne Falkenberg design - love the colours and the directional knitting. This version has 4 colours - better I think than some of the others that are only 2. It is called Blues and is in a new yarn for Ms F - a cotton/wool that is a bit heavier than her usual Shetland style yarn.

It is now #3 on my queue
Number 1 is the Aran Wrap Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Fall 08 - sideways cables with knitted downwards sleeves and a cabled peplum. Clever pattern!


And this is #2 - a finer knit - probably do it in Jo Sharp Classic DK or perhaps Filatura di Crosa's Zara


Off now to get ready to go to a rehearsal for Trial by Jury - a concert version to be performed in one of the most beautiful churches in Toronto - St. Anne's on Gladstone Ave famous for its Group of Seven paintings. A truly glorious setting

3 Comments:

At 8:29 p.m., Blogger lookinout said...

I totally agree with you about Blues, it's gorgeous, but how will you get the kit? She doesn't seem to have any of it in North America.
Gillian

 
At 9:31 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Wow! Knockout pieces! I really love that vest! Where are you getting your Falkenberg kits these days? From ebay? Or do you have a "source"?
By the way- I left you a message on my blog today, and thought you would like to read it.

 
At 10:30 a.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

I bought my last Falkenberg from Ecclescakes on eBay (she is in Newcastle under lyme - where my family comes from) and although she doens't have it listed I imagine she can get it.

Thank you for the mention Deb!

Robyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home