Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not one stitch knitted yesterday

Rarely does a day not include a bunch of knitting! Instead, yesterday was "send all 100 sock of the month club kits out day " and then "play Brahms evening". In between were feed animals and catch up on the financial news.

I got a group together to play the Brahms' String Sextets last evening - not an easy feat finding 2 violins ( the easiest) 2 violas (the hardest) and 2 cellos (easier since one of them was me) and getting them all in one place at the same time. I can usually only count on it happening once or twice a year at most.

There are excerpts on Wikipedia of the 2nd one we played - the Opus 36 - (scroll almost down to the bottom and then scroll to the bottom of the media files section)

I am now trying to get a group together to play Brahms Clarinet Quintet - a little easier since it is 5 not 6 people and I already have the 2 violins pencilled in. Just have to confirm with the Clarinet that he is still available and find me a viola (and someone to play it too)

Does anyone know the definition of a String Quartet?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A good violinist

A bad violinist

A former violinist (the viola player)



and someone who hates the violin (the cellist)

One of many silly music jokes - most of which are directed at the viola



Which is better - a violin or a viola?

A viola - it burns longer

2 Comments:

At 11:30 a.m., Blogger Georgiana said...

Q.: Why are violas bigger than violins?

A.: They're not - violinists' heads are bigger.

:P

 
At 11:56 a.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

That's a new one to me. Glad I wasn't drinking my coffee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home