Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cats multiply


My nephew and his girlfriend are leaving at the end of February to work in Ireland for a year and they have asked me to take care of their cats while they are in the Emerald Isle.

I will post more pictures once they come out of hiding - Arwen is an orange marble tabby and is comfortable with everyone except the dog now (much arching of back and fluffing of tail when Arthur arrives on the scene) and Casper is a pretty grey with a few subtle stripes on his tail, lovely eyeliner in cream (very 70s) and a spotted tummy.



Puss's Boots
Casper spent all of yesterday hiding in the furnace room scrunched down behind a bunch of boxes but he arrived on my bed last night and after some shuffling of cats, he spent the night in my room and I woke up to a purr-fest.

Still knitting (obsessively) the mitred square Hoxbro-ish shawl in Silk Garden Lite. Am a little more than half way through and am on the last row of squares before I split it for the front opening. It seems to be eating through the yarn at quite a rate but I should have enough. Starting to feel as if I woudl like to work on something else for a little while - have to work up the February SOTM (in Malabrigo Sock - droolworthy yarn if there ever was one)

Cat and project pictures later

4 Comments:

At 2:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you the lucky one? Casper is a beauty.

 
At 4:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the February sock club! Malabrigo is now my new favorite. I want it in every color.

 
At 5:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beauties! Hope the household settles down into a peaceful division of territory.

 
At 11:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casper is impossibly beautiful. I covet him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home