Thursday, January 15, 2009

modular - what again!

Sitting and freezing while watching TV on Tuesday evening wearing a couple of layers of wool made me dive into my stash and pull out some Silk Garden Lite that I had put aside to knit a Benedikta ( modular - Cornelia Tuttle-Hamilton for Noro) to knit what amounts to a blanket.

It is based on Vivian Hoxbro's Zig Zag Shawl (which I knit in her kit yarn of a warm tomato red with green diamond highlights and wear all the time) but in a heavier yarn and I am going to make it longer

Here is the start of it and I am a little further along - one more strip is finished and another one started.


I adore the colours and of course adore knitting modularly since no measuring is needed until the end. I have lots - 20 balls so this will be cosy and will also keep me warm while I am knitting it.

And I pulled out some orange Tofutsies for a pair of socks.

Can you tell I am freezing!

Stay warm everyone

2 Comments:

At 10:16 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

Lovely. Makes me want to get started on a blanket.

 
At 11:15 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

way gorgeous!!!!! I have 10 balls of Silk Garden Lite in 2013 Lot B- that mauve/ purple/pink/ taupe one. Hmmmmmm- I think I might have to go and check out the Domino Knitting book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home