Monday, February 09, 2009

New sock

Loved working with this yarn

Malabrigo Sock is more like silk or a silk blend than a regular sock yarn.

It is 100% wool, nicely twisted and the subtle colour variations are quite pleasing.

It has been a while since I have done a sock with a cuff - something I love to do - knit the cuff sideways and then pick up and knit the stitches and continue on down the ankle.

This one meanders back and forth and brought a stream to mind - thus "River"



Colour is Lettuce.

And a Photoshopped version that is very close to Impressionist Sky:




I started out with quite a different pattern and even changed colours but the pattern I was using just wasn't showing up and although I liked it a lot and will use it for a later sock, it just wasn't working in this yarn - too fine and just enough colour variation that it blurred the pattern.

If at first...

2 Comments:

At 3:23 p.m., Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

These are lovely. Very feminine.

 
At 6:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another beautiful sock! Can't wait till my shipment comes. The Malabrigo is my new fav sock yarn (along with Jitterbug).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home