Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

The fam (most of it - the parts that weren't otherwise involved or on another continent) helped me celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday.

Partly by accident I discovered that you CAN successfully cook a frozen turkey and that it helps a lot if you have a convection oven and a meat thermometer just to make sure. 8+Kg of a largely solid lump of ice actually tasted quite delicious after 6 1/2 hours of slightly nail biting roasting.

Today is a veg day. I might knit but I am head to toe in fleece to keep warm and have no plans other than to watch Dollhouse later when my DS comes over. There will be turkey-lurkey (mine is mashed potatoes, cranberry stuffing, cranberry and of course turkey - all heated up in a bowl - YUMM)

Peace, joy and love to all (and on to Christmas decorations - starting with evergreen boughs in a week or 2 and coloured lights (but not until Nov 1 or so))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home