Monday, June 08, 2009

Gardening

Ainslie and I were talking about our gardens the other day and I was trying to tell her about the various things in my garden but of course, a picture is worth a thousand words ... so here are a thousand pictures instead

Violas on the porch in a Mother's Day gift from a few years ago - planted them April 1st and had to cover them a few times in both April and May (so cold this Spring)

Weigela finally blooming again after a severe pruning 2 years ago:


Viburnum plicatum looking lush this year:


I love my orange pansies:


Marble wants to know what I am doing outside without him ( and Bunny doesn't care)


Front of my house showing the Cornus mas the city planted 16 years ago that still looks more like a bush than a tree - and the Japanese Maple behind it that we moved from the back to make way for the deck:


Geraniums being geranium-like (these are the perennial Geraniums not the blousy annuals that need a lot of sun - these take shade):




Geese geesing:

Volunteer Euphorbia that is spreading itself around the garden in a very pleasing way:



Deutzia





My sweet little Cornus kousa - I've long wanted one of these and am delighted that it seems to like it where I planted it last year and is giving me a multitude of blooms (actually not blooms but let's not get too technical)




Brunnera looking forget-me-not like. This is the green one:



And the silver Brunnera that isn't blooming as much as the green version:





Home Depot made these - I just added the iron basket:




Another Geranium spending time with Alchemilla mollis (Lady's Mantle) - both are great favourites and do well in my front and back gardens - these are in front:



Dappled willow (which is actually a little peachier that the picture shows) with Heuchera that may be Marmalade but I have lost the tag. The Heuchera is in a pot (and seems happier there that most of my Heucheras that are in the ground):



That is all for now

Knitting next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home