Monday, March 23, 2009

SPRING!

I've seen these little red squirrels at the cottage but this is the first year I have seen them in my city garden. Hooray for the little guys!


Noisy though - this guy was screeching at something for several minutes - cat perhaps...



Not a very prepossessing bird until you see him basking in the sun. These guys (Grackles) were hit hard with West Nile a few years ago and are slowly making a comeback. They are noisy and a bit thuggish but I am still glad to see several of them in the garden


And these fellas make my heart sing - Goldfinches in their winter clothes still





See the flash of yellow on his wing:


And another one who was hit hard by WN - this gorgeous guy:

Arthur snuffling in the ground looking for something interesting:


Arthur turned 14 on March 14th! We are very lucky

All taken with my Nikon and my 70 to 300mm lens - handy for garden pics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home