Sunday, February 19, 2006

Progress - YES!

With a few knitting hours left of the weekend, a quick update on CONGO.

All of the squares are done.

The neck is done and I opted to add a collar (this option comes with the pattern in Knitting out of Africa) which took most of yesterday to finish.

Rows and rows and rows of garter stitch to go for the sleeves. They are picked up from the squares at the shoulder, knit downwards in a mitred "W" - which makes it a little more interesting than straight garter. The sleeves end in a point and folded up to make a cuff. I might flatten them out - I'll see when I get to the end.

This and the Noro Entrelac are about all I am going to be able to finish in time so I ain't gonna medal in the Knitting Olympics.

I will still be very proud of my own personal accomplishments - and may yet get to some of the others on the list.

And miles to go before I sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home