Friday, February 03, 2006

Sock it up

Bang the drums, rattle the pots and pans and clang the bells! I am 2 sock designs up on my Sock of the Month Club - that means February and March are both done. This is a first!

I kind of like them both (a good thing I guess) and they are quite different from each other.

Basket Case takes a self patterning yarn and plays the stripes off each other in an entrelac leg (and heel in the clog sock version) with the plain knit stripes of the foot:


I just love the way the entrelac contrasts with the stripes and each looks so different.

T'other is a fair isle based on African design and is a companion to Graphite, an older design of mine - pre SOTM Club. Both are graphical and highly contrasting and very linear.


Earthern started out a couple of years agoe and I swatched it in another yarn that just didn't work (too heavy) so it has been sitting on the back burner since then. Marianne Isager's newly release Knitting Out of Africa inspired me to try it again and this time it worked out afte a couple of changes of the number of stitches.

Work so far this weekend has been confined to spinning for my final assignment - a small project. I have just a few more days to hand it in so it is going to be tight - a good lot of knitting tomorrow and the next 2 days to get it finished. I am going to do something lacey which will likely evolve as I go along.

Vendor sign ups just arrived for the Downtown Knit collective's April Frolic. It is just over 2 months away and then there is Maryland Sheep and Wool in May and TNNA in June and then on to Colorado to my cousin's and the Estes Park Wool Market. Time is flying by!

2 Comments:

At 1:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robyn, just when I think I've had it with socks you come up with two breath-taking designs!Gorgeous!!I always learn a little something knitting your patterns or it's a yarn I haven't tried ... something just a bit different.

Good luck with your master's certification.

 
At 8:44 p.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

Entrlac is a bit tricky - especially in the round but with a bit of parctice, you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home