Friday, February 10, 2006

Olympian tasks

When Stephanie Pearl-McPhee told me about her fantastic idea, I decided to play along and knit a challenging project - one that had only a slim chance of being finished during the time frame - Alice Starmore's glorious Henry VIII from Tudor Roses.

I changed my mind!

I can do that can't I?

Rather than start another project to add to the UFO pile. My new challenge is to clear out my knitting shelf and finish all of the 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and nearly done objects. Now that is a herculean challenge! I find comfort in having many things to work on so I am moving way beyond my own comfort zone and, I think, still staying within our own dear Yarn Harlot's framework.

UFOs:

Just need darning and blocking:
  1. Sea Silk scarf in a Jackie Erickson Schweitzer pattern
  2. Pink Cashmere entrelac scarf for my DD
  3. Kiri shawl in black Madil Kid Seta
Just needs finishing:
  1. St Brigid in Tivoli Celtic Aran - steeks need to be cut and it all needs to be put together (was knit in the round though so no side seams (yeah!))
From 1/4 to 1/2 done:
  1. Sasha Kagan intarsia leaves from the 3rd issue of British Knitting - Rowan yarn - almost done the back. Front and sleeves to go plus finishing
  2. Fiddlesticks Peacock Shawl in Marine Blue Zephyr
  3. Alice Starmore FERN in deep teal blue Naturally Perendale - back almost done - front and sleeves to go
  4. Marianne Isager's Congo - modular checks and deep charcoal garter stitch body and sleeves - about 3/4s done the modular part
  5. Mermaid - body half done and sleeves to go
  6. 2nd Regia ringel sock - just finished the heel
  7. Cotton lace top in Paprika Super 10 - about 1/3 up the body (knit round and sleeveless)
  8. Noro Entrelac sweater - just need to finish the sleeves and sew together then decide on the neck
  9. Jette Slynte fair isle swing coat - blues with mossy green trim - started about 3 years ago and about 1/3 of the way up the body (knit circularly wiht steeks)
  10. Vivian Hoxbro charcoal and rainbow spots poncho which will be ripped out and become something else (mermaid?) or part of one of the patterns from Knitting out of Africa (Marianne Isager)
I think that is it - do you think I can do it? I think I can I think I can I think I can

I will let you know.

Read through Beethoven's 3rd Symphony this afternoon with a casual reading orchestra and a wonderful conductor and am now set to knit until the closing ceremonies. What inspiration!

Knit on!

2 Comments:

At 8:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that's one long list of tasks! Good luck, and happy knitting!

 
At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Reb said...

Hey, I am doing the same type of Finishing Olympics! But you have made much more progress than I have. :) Thanks for re-inspiring me. Back to finishing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home