Monday, March 19, 2007

Virginia van Santen

I started reading Virginia's blog about a year or so ago and was always inspired by her words and pictures and her use of colour. A couple of times, I would have just posted something that I had been working out - something about colour or self patterning yarns and I would see that she had posted a very similar thought.

I love her garden pictures too.

We wrote back and forth a bit and spoke on the phone once or twice when I ordered her beautiful yarns and patterns.

My favourite Virginia object is this knitted gold fish bowl that she told me was knitted with many many many different colours of shetland.


The imagination and art that produced this will be sadly missed. A most amazing woman and a terrible loss to all.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember suggesting to her that you would be a good outlet fot her hand-dyed yarns. I'd glad you had a chance to get to know her. She was an incredible woman.

 
At 2:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Robyn, for posting the picture of Virginia van Santen's goldfish bowl. That's one of the most astounding pieces of knitting I've ever seen, both in concept and execution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home