Thursday, March 01, 2007

Well, yes, apparently it can be far away!

Blizzard. White out. Can't see the house across the street kind of white out. Thunder. Thunder!!!!!

I am holed up knitting since it isn't pretty out there. Not a bad way to pass a snowy day and it makes me very thankful that I can choose when I have to go out.

Oh yes, and Red Bird Knits is SIX years old today! 6! Wow! Have to think of some way to celebrate (other than eating since I am on a diet... which is working... have lost 21 pounds... not bad.... and more to go....)

I am knitting a summer top - of course - must always be thinking ahead - out of aran weight silk - in a tweedy coffee colour. A nice and quick knit. This is about the heaviest weight yarn that I knit and it feels rather large compared to my usual lace and fingering weights. But it is going so fast, I sure see the advantages.

And in support of the Harlot (see her rant about the rude anonymous spell checking boor who sends her corrected versions of her postings):

cheque
theatre
neighbour
colour
doughnut
centre
labour
pop
programme
cancelled
knitted
fulfilled

Canadian/British spelling rocks! Blog it for the Harlot!

4 Comments:

At 11:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Robyn! On the 6 years and 21 lbs! Both are very impressive numbers!

 
At 1:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather have the snowstorm than the -20 C we had in Edmonton this morning.

Congratulations on the 6 years, I work at a yarn store and I still get excited about ordering yarn from you!

I have two wintery projects to finish before I start the summery stuff. It's calling but I vowed to finish the map of the world afghan and a sweater for my boyfriend's just passed birthday first.

 
At 2:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Robyn! Has it really been six years already? Wow, time sure does go by fast sometimes.

And congrats on the weight loss!

 
At 7:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Robyn, on all counts, expanding and contracting!

Would you mind shooting me an e-mail? I'm working on a column and would love to get Red Bird Knits in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home