Monday, January 15, 2007

Jitterbug done!

Just cast off the second sock in Jitterbug Blue Parrot - yeah!

I have a whole bin full of single socks - most of my designs for my Sock of the Month Club are mateless so finishing the 2nd sock is a rare and exciting experience. Some of those single socks may eventually be paired up with a mate but in some cases, being frugal, I didn't put away the 2nd ball of yarn or (can't find the other half) to make the twin so single they will stay.

Then there are several singles that once were pairs and I have no idea where the second has gone. Did the dog (or Myles the very dog-like angora cat) run off with a sock and will I find a pile of singles stashed in the back of a closet some day - maybe the day I move.

Call me crazy but I have taken to wearing the singles that once were pairs. Today I have on 2 Regia Ringels - 1 is Clown and the other is Papagei. The clown is a feather and fan from Socks Socks Socks that I knit probably 4 or maybe 5 years ago, the papagei is one of a pair I finished last summer. Hey at least they are the same brand! And my feet really don't mind that the socks don't quite match - still warm and cozy.

A new fashion? Well, maybe not!

Off to knit another sock - Meilenweit Party. Party party party!

2 Comments:

At 11:52 a.m., Blogger LaurieM said...

I don't think you're crazy. I was going to suggest the very same thing! It seems a shame to let all those singles go to waste.

 
At 2:23 p.m., Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

Hmmm, a new fashion trend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home