Tuesday, December 05, 2006

St Brigid's Neck and Fern's Bottom

Here is Her Ladyship with the braid knitted on - the bulge is the grafting point. Ask me why the heck I started it there?
I don't know! Colour is a little greener and not so grey - a slightly blued green

And here she is in her ribbed glory


looking a little sloped of shoulder. I have worn it now several times and am very happy with it.

And here is Fern:

the original from the book (it is from Stillwater by the way - in case I didn't mention)

and my version


I used the centre panel for the bottom edge as I am not fond of ribbing. I pikced up stitches along the edge and then increased to the number I neede for the larger size.

What you see took some pretty steady knitting from Friday to this evening to complete the border and get going on the body. I am knitting it circularly - and note the liberal use of stitch markers (aka hair elastics).

I love it!

7 Comments:

At 6:53 a.m., Blogger LaurieM said...

Both sweaters are really nice. It's refreshing to see someone else who is knitting for herself this Christmas season. :-)

Your neck ribbing helps disguise the grafting bump. I'd love to see what the ribbing looks like on you. I think it's a really smart idea.

 
At 8:14 a.m., Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

The yarn you chose does provides great stitch definiition and showcases your work. It looks like one of those designs you will live in forever!

 
At 1:17 p.m., Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

So, how big did the sweater end up? AS designes are always way too small for me, but I hear she knits at an impossibly small gauge, so I was thinking of making something from Celtic Knits myself.

 
At 7:48 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Nice sweater- I was actually rhinking of knitting St Brigid myself. Tell me-finished measurement?

 
At 10:08 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

It looks great, Robyn!

 
At 8:40 a.m., Blogger finnsheep said...

I am totally in awe of all the cables - - just gorgeous. Grace

 
At 12:03 a.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

St Brigid is a big girl - and fits me with room to spare. I will measure it next time I have it and a tape measure in the same room

 

Post a Comment

<< Home