Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada who celebrates it! We are heading off to my (pregnant) niece's new(ish) house for a big family fest She is the only one who has a dining room at the moment so bravely volunteered to do her very first Thanksgiving.

I have no dining room at the moment as I gave the big old English oak dining room table, buffet and chairs (that were my parent's) to the above mentioned niece and my brother has no dining room at the moment as they have torn out - right down to the sub-flooring - their kitchen, family room and den to make a big country kitchen - and have been eating microwave and take out for about a month!

Much turkey and pumpkin pie will be consumed!

And on a less calorific note!

I love a puzzle and have been working on trying to make a toe up sock that looks just like a top down one. Several attempts have managed to get me closer and closer and finally, fourth time lucky and here it is:



Or is it this one?


Hmmh - can you tell?

The yarn is the new Regia Bamboo - love it!

3 Comments:

At 7:19 a.m., Blogger LaurieM said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

You are a wonder! I looked very closely, and I think it is the bottom sock because the increases don't sit on the top the way decreases do. I think you used the "knit in the loop below" method of increase. Does it look the same on the other side?

I've been wanting to try Charlene Schurch's method, but I don't think it's as good as yours. Her heel and gusset look a little odd.

I bought some Regia Bamboo at the KW Knitter's Fair but haven't got round to using it yet. Happy to hear it gets a good review from you.

 
At 6:59 p.m., Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

Can't wait to try the Bamboo. What size needle are you using?

 
At 10:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'll have to order some of that Bamboo... it looks nice! And I agree with lauriem, it's gotta be that last one with the nice line of increases where we usually decrease with the top-down patterns. Took me a while to see the difference! Will that be for the next SOTM pattern? If so, I'm looking forward to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home