Monday, July 31, 2006

Finishing

Darned in the last end of my Bird Foot sock this evening. The patterns are adapted from Anatolian Knitting Design and the main ones are called Bird Foot and the 2 on the feet are both Bird Wing.

The Foot is on the ankle section and the Wings are on the feet!

I enjoy playing with variegated yarns and turning them ito something different.

Istanbul is like that:

A variegated yarn and a solid (this one is also a mix of the Anatolian patterns (the ankle one is called "Hook").

Funky Zebra is like that

A self- patterning yarn with a solid.

Mexican Dance is like that:


Another self- patterning yarn in mosaic squares.

Parquet is like that:


A hand painted yarn knit in modules and strips

And Bird Foot is too:


A variegated yarn knit with a solid (sister to Istanbul)

And through the wonderful magic of Photoshop, we have blue bird feet:


Fuchsia bird feet:

And purple bird feet:



I love Photoshop!

but I love knitting more!!!

6 Comments:

At 10:41 a.m., Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Are these patterns available? They are so beautiful! I would love to knit Istanbul...

 
At 10:44 a.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

Yes, the patterns are available through my website - http://www.redbirdknits.com
or click on the link at the right that goes to my site.

 
At 8:13 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Wow! Very impressive stuff, Robyn! You go girl!

 
At 8:54 p.m., Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

cool socks and photoshop actions. do you offer the pattern for the Funky Zebra?

 
At 10:27 a.m., Blogger Sue Tierney said...

Hi Robyn:

Your socks are beautiful. Thanks for visiting my site so I could see your great patterns.

happy knitting, sue

 
At 8:26 a.m., Blogger Denise said...

I love all the socks, but 'Funky Zebra' is my favorite! I'd like to try other color combos!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home