Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Progress and dyeing

Progress is being made on my Vine Lace top - almost finished the first skein (Super 10 skeins are 125g and 230m or 252yds) and am on the 2nd decrease for the flare panels (the purls)


Easy knitting and a simple 4 row lace pattern that I might actually be able to wear this summer!

All day, while working and now knitting and blog reading I have been watching the BBC's D-Day Clockwatch. It updates the events as they happened on D-Day every 15 minutes in great detail - amazing what went on on that Longest Day 62 years ago. My father was in one of the follow up groups that went over (from England to France) in July of 1944. He was with the South Alberta Regiment and was a tank commander. I will tell you more about his story one day.

Sunday was another dyeing day and I did some sock yarn and 2 different lace yarns - Cormo and Merino. The Merino was more of a challenge as it is much finer and many many yards per skein (1260). I am fairly pleased with the results so far and am happy to be learning a little more each session.

Here is the sock - BRIGHT!

and the Cormo Lace:

Chocolate Cherries

and

Walnut.

And the Merino Lace:

Chocolate Cherries

All were great fun - mixing the colours is my favourite part I think - getting a good range of tones and shades is an art and with good notes, I am finding that I can reproduce them - always a good thing.

More knitting and some more blog reading to do. Knit on!

3 Comments:

At 2:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

your dyeing is amazing! it's really inspiring to read your blog. Tell me, are those yarns available in your online shop? because i must have missed them.
Your work is beautiful.

 
At 10:30 a.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

Hi Soo - Yes they are on my website - under Red Birds Yarn - Paint Box Sock, Painted lace and Painted Merino Lace. If you click on the names in the blog, they are linked to tthe site

 
At 4:25 p.m., Blogger Rebekkah said...

Ooh, that color looks gorgeous in that lace pattern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home