Wednesday, May 31, 2006

When you hear hoof beats do you think Zebras?

Just finished my new sock for the Sock of the Month Club! I am liking the way it turned out and they were great fun to knit.

It evolved from this: and this

and this:

Aren't those wonderful stripes? Just look how they are narrow on the face and wider on the neck and how they curve in a different direction at the top of the leg. Fabulous... just fabulous

At first my sock looked like this:

Very Zebra-like.

I knit that and then set it aside thinking that not everyone is going to want to wear animal stripes on their feet - it felt a little predictable.

More fun that this though:

Part way through the process it looked like this:

And this is what it looks like now:

I am reaching way back into the lexicon of the 70s (yes I did live through them) and calling it Funky Zebra. It is a self patterning yarn and a solid - done in a fair isle ( well not truly fair isle but you get what I mean) . This Zebra was playing in the finger paints and got them all over himself!

No animals were harmed in the making of THIS Zebra footwear!


2 Comments:

At 7:53 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

Cute socks! (I do think I like the zebra version though:).

 
At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Sue Tierney said...

Brilliant!! I love both versions. will you post a pattern? keep thinking up this stuff, it's great! sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home