Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Japanese Knitting books

Look what came in the mail today!







Three Japanese Knitting books!

They are fantastic and of course are all in Japanese

But look what is in them!

Are they not just about the most gorgeous things you have ever seen!

I ordered them from YesAsia - relatively painless payment through PayPal (although they couldn't find my payment for a while and I had to call them) and ordering was by pictures only from what I had seen on other blogs.

I am dying to get swatching and see what works in the red cardi above and also the pullover with the leaf motif in it (the one on the cover). I am trying to stay disciplined though and want to finish the Heartstrings Triangles within Triangles twins (Suri Lace and Supersock Merino versions in the same colourway) but had to take out the last repeat of the Supersock one as I ran out of yarn almost halfway into the border. My wrist is sore from tinking!

Everything is charted so my lack of Japanese shouldn't be a hindrance - just to figure out gauge but the swatching should do that.

Yummmm

4 Comments:

At 6:28 a.m., Blogger Jeanette said...

I am so deeply jealous of you with your new books. I just learned last month how to read Japanese knitting patterns from a Japanese friend, but the only patterns I have are on the web. I'd love to know where you get them.
sherritzej@cox.net

 
At 2:52 p.m., Blogger Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

I got them at YesAsia.com. They were a tad hard to find but I just kept clicking until the covers of the ones I knew about popped up. good luck! Robyn

 
At 3:36 p.m., Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

You have me hooked. The aran patterns are absolutely georgeous. I have just ordered mine. Please keep blogging about your progress, I think this might be quite a challenge!
Peggy
http://www.knittingtherapy.blogspot.com

 
At 10:44 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

love the gloves! are you selling these books?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home