Friday, April 28, 2006

Double Triangles

I started knitting Jackie Erickson Schweitzer's Triangles Within Triangles Shawl today - TWICE! Well actually 3 times if you count the time I ripped out everything.


First go was in Cherry Tree Hill Suri Lace in Foxy Lady - a combo of deep pink and charcoal grey. I misinterpreted one of the symbols in the pattern and made a boo boo at first so frogged it and re-started it this time the correct way.


The Suri Lace is soooo fine that it takes my stronger pair of reading glasses for me to see the stitches - particularly the double decrease at the top of each triangle. Frogging is a wee bit of a challenge too!

The result though (I have done about 3 repeats of the main pattern) is gossamer soft and pretty!

The second (third!) time was in Cherry Tree's Supersock Merino in the same colourway . This version is much easier to knit and is growing very quickly. I went up to a 4.5mm needle for this one and am really liking it too. It also makes a nice break from the very fine Suri Lace version. Same pattern - very different feel!


I think I may also do a Zephyr version - in Steel maybe or in a complementary colour. This pattern is a gem!

Back to my knitting!

3 Comments:

At 6:02 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The shawl is gorgeous!! I love that colour! Some day I want to try lace - there are so many beautiful pattersn!

 
At 5:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, such gorgeous yarn, I looove these colors! The shawl is a real beauty, you certainly inspired me to try my hands at it - or something similar - as well - I enjoy lace knitting a lot and this seems the perfect thing! Have fun knitting it!

 
At 10:23 p.m., Blogger Pennie said...

pretty yarn . . . enjoyed reading your blog . . . I too dye yarn and I love it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home