Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More dyeing

These are what I dyed on the weekend - took an age to dry in the rainy wet weather we are having.

That is my favourite one - some greens, some blues and a splash of darker blue and a very small splash of fuchsia then saddened with a short bath in a dilute black.


The bottom skeins were overdyed in a dilute black bath. I like them both for different reasons - the brightness and clear colours of the top skeins and the smokey subtleness of the bottom ones.

I am having fun experimenting with these and just found another bag of the yarn I am using to dye so another session in the not too distant future I think.

The natural dyeing will some a bit later - I have some lace weight Cormo that I want to do in naturals but I want to do some experimenting first - so the experimenting will be 1 session and the actual dyeing a day or perhaps a week later.

Made progress on the Triangles within Triangles and am back onto the border (again- after tinking 1 repeat of the pattern) and if my Brahms Sextet doesn't go too long tonight, I will likely have it finished and block it tomorrow with pictures to come soon after.

A bientot

4 Comments:

At 4:41 p.m., Blogger Emma said...

They're all beautiful! Great colors.

 
At 5:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look goregous. Have you considered selling them on your website? I love the middle one -- reminds me of a sunset.

 
At 5:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your yarns. may i ask what brand is the natural yarn you use?

 
At 2:55 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

They are beautiful. I really like the effect of the diluted black. I'll have to try that sometime. I'm always dyeing things too bright for my taste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home