Monday, November 20, 2006

Some actual knitting!

These are my 1st pair of Colinette Cadenza socks - colour is Sahara.


I love the pooling on one and the spiralling on the other. They were both knit toe up with my newly discovered (newly discovered by me - the rest of the world probably already knows about this!) flap heel.

An this is one of a soon to be pair in colour Dusk - also knit toe up and with gorgeous pooling at the top of the instep and spiralling along the ankle:

I am knitting them quite firmly - 7 stitches to the inch (it is a DK weight yarn) and using eye of partridge for the heel (which makes for a really beautiful mix of colours) so they are hardier.

I like them!

I was sitting at my guild meeting last week and a woman behind me was knitting a stunningly gorgeous sock. It was deep and dark and rich in blue and black or almost black and pooled deliciously. Turns out it was Interlacements Tiny Toes so what do you think I did?....

I ordered some! Should be about 3 weeks or so. Superwash merino fingering weight and yummy!

Smudgie is recovering well from her surgery - the biopsy came back and the news is bad. She is dining on salmon and treats and will be happy and comfortable for as long as she is happy and comfortable. She will tell me when it is time and until then I am going to love her up and spoil her rotten!

Have a good week everyone - I will post more in the less distant future than previously

2 Comments:

At 6:09 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Sorry about Smudgie- My Bouf had a brain tumor, and when he told me it was time, I still cried my heart out. Good wishes to both of you.

 
At 12:17 p.m., Blogger jenknits said...

Hi Robyn, just found your blog. So sorry to hear about Smudgie. Our animal friends are so precious, I know you will do everything in your power to help her pass with grace when it is the time. Hugs to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home