Monday, November 27, 2006

Fringed

I finished St Brigid and wore it today. I added the ribbing at the neck as it just makes it look more finished to my eye and also fringed it.

Ordinarily wearing a heavyish aran sweater on November 26th wouldn't be a problem but the temp here was 16C (about 65 F) and it was way too warm. Doesn't matter - I loved having it on.

I ripped out the almost completed back of Fern (Alice's too) and decide to start over. I am using the centre heart shaped pattern to make a horizontal band on the bottom and will pick up the body stitches from that and knit the whole thing circularly - to the armholes anyway. I don't feel like steeking this one - and don't mind the back side of the pattern. It isn't nearly as difficult as knitting a fair isle on the wrong side.

I am about a quarter of the way around the body with the bottom band. Good thing that I like the process as much as the end product!

I am doing Fern in a DK - almost Worsted- weight wool so it will be a lot lighter than St Brigid. this will take up most of my knitting time from now until well after Christmas. Picture me watching "24" with my son on Chrsitmas Day, working on my Fern!

2 Comments:

At 4:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, such a lovely sweater. If ever I am not so broke I will invest in a copy of that Alice Starmore book.

 
At 4:11 p.m., Blogger Donna D said...

Congratulations! I cast on that sweater at the beginning of 2006 and only got 6 inches done. I hope I have more time to work on it in 2007. I hardly had any time for personal knitting in 2006. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home