Friday, January 05, 2007

Knitting progress

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages about Smudgie. It really helps!

Not as much knitting got done over the holidays as I had hoped but I did manage to finish a sock in Colinette Jitterbug - colour is Blue Parrot.




I have seen quite a bit of discussion on the net about this yarn. It is definitely a fingering weight and similar in feel and texture to Cherry Tree Hill's Supersock Merino.

I knit it on my usual 2.0mm (US0) and got 8 1/2 st to the inch. My skein weighed 108g and I carefully knit to exactly the half way point (toe up for safety) - leaving 54g for the other sock. The foot measures 8 3/4 inches and the cuff is 5 3/4.

It works for me and I love the colours - so be confident that you can knit a pair of socks with 1 skein of this - maybe do it toe up too.

On to finish sock #2 and then do some more work on my new sock of the month - have something started but not 100% happy with it so will tweek it over the weekend.

Have a great knitting weekend all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home