Monday, December 11, 2006

What not to do when knitting Starmore

I was doing some tidying this weekend and found the box whereI had stashed another Alice Starmore project - Inishmore from Fisherman Knitting (still affordable last time I looked - grab one while you can!). I started this one ages ago - maybe 3 years - got going really well on it - even made some adjustments to the ribbing so that the ribs matched up with the lines of the body better.


This is my version:




And this is what it is supposed to look like:


I guess I hadn't really looked at it too closely and when I did, I was horrified to see that I had set the patterns up incorrectly. Do you see what I did wrong - the panels to the right and left of the centre diamond are supposed to come together with the centre and form sets of diamonds all up the front - mine swing the same way as the centre and they shouldn't.

I debated long and hard about what to do and eventually decided to frog it - but didn't have the heart to do the actual deed - so it sat and sat and sat. I did go so far as to take the needles out but to this point, that is all I have done.

The yarn is Jo Sharp DK - the original stuff from Australia and is soft and wonderful and I love it.

Time to frog it and get over it and start it again once I have finished Fern (going well - finished the 3rd repeat of the larger twisted stitch diamond section).

Inishmore will be no more - and goes from the unfinished pile to the abandoned pile to the no longer existing pile over Christmas.
Beware charts that aren't written side by side and pay more attention than I did!

2 Comments:

At 8:47 p.m., Blogger Lori said...

For whatever it's worth, I like your version!

 
At 10:25 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

I liked it, too! But I definitely understand the need to frog and knit as the pattern was written.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home