Friday, April 20, 2007

A new man in my life

There is a new man in my life.

In only a few days, he has changed my life for the better and is fast becoming my favourite person.

He wears a blue jacket and drives a big red and white truck.

And he comes right up to my front door and takes away all of the parcels that contain all of the yarn that all of the nice people have ordered from me.

My new buddy works for Canada Post! And I am so happy to see him.

I have spent 6 years humping parcels in big bags over to the sub post office at the Shopper's on Bayview - in rain, snow cold and heat - standing in line waiting my turn and, in turn, usually causing a big line up behind me.

I filled out forms and put on stickers and weighed everything and did as much as I could do to speed up the process but it usually meant a good hour or more at least twice a week - more when shipping my sock of the month club.

Now I use Canada Post's software and print out 1 page that gets attached to the parcel. And no additional customs forms or stickers and no sheets of labels for return addresses.

Why didn't I do this sooner!!

Well actually, I tried - several times...

I tried about 4 years ago and got nowhere with the software and at that time you couldn't do small packet that way and as most of my parcels to the US of A go small packet, it didn't make much sense.

Then I tried again last August and sent information and followed up several times with a woman who never called me back or responded to my emails. I gave up when it started to get really busy - just no time to take the time to figure out the programme and the process and to light a fire under a recalcitrant Canada Post employee.

But now I have done it and I am so happy. And the software isn't as bad as I thought and it also now includes Small Packet.

YEAH

Now all I have to do is get my books done and take everything to my accountant on Monday and then get ready for the Frolic and then ....

GO TO MARYLAND

Whoopee!!!

And Spring has finally arrived and there are crocuses in bloom in my garden! Sigh

3 Comments:

At 11:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, flowers in springtime! *happy sigh* I have crocuses, squill and chionodoxa blooming happily for me, too.

Ain't it grand when technology really does make a helpful difference?!

AND I'm looking forward to the Knitters' Frolic. (It's my first one!)

See you there!

 
At 12:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Things will be so much easier for you now that they'll do the picking up of the parcels. Bravo!

Enjoy your time at the Frolic... I wish I could be there too!

 
At 12:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to see that package arrive at my doorstep!
I have to tell you - I just finished my Bird Foot socks and they are my favorite of any socks I have knit - THANK YOU for designing such a gorgeous pattern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home