Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No joke!

At first I thought it was a newcomer to Stratford hazing joke. It arrived on the 4 month anniversary of my arrival here. I couldn't believe my bad luck when I opened an official looking letter from the City that summarily informed me that I had violated the city fencing bylaw.

Fence bylaw - what fence?

Apparently this:



(on the left) is a fence in the eyes of the city !!!!

I called the bylaw folks and asked what the heck they meant and apparently anything that creates a line, no matter how short (we are looking at 3 inches here) is defined as a fence!

The wording of the letter was about as obscure and bureaucratic as it comes but seems that this "fence" will interfere with "municipal operations"

Now the good news!

"Municipal operations" means the snow plough that clears the sidewalks of snow!

Squeeeee.

No snow shovelling for moi - they do it for ya here. How good is that (still have to do the driveway though!)

So the rocks are gone - I needed them for the back anyway.

Hazing - what hazing....

1 Comments:

At 6:26 p.m., Anonymous Julia in KW said...

I would trade Rocks for Sidewalk Clearing any day! Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home