Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend work

Saturday rained and was stinky hot but Sunday was beautiful.

I worked in the garden all morning - mulching, moving and planting.

The yellow false cypress got moved closer to the edge and behind it I planted some Alchemilla mollis (Lady's Mantle) which I adore and a pink Geranium x oxonian "Wargrave Pink which I also adore - perennial geraniums that is - this is my first Wargrave Pink version



Also planted some Echinacia purpurea and a peony (Sarah Bernhardt) to the right of this little grouping.

Dug out some of the mystery plant at the front and put in a Geranium Himalayense instead (salvaged from the planting of the peony in the back)

The garden is starting to feel like mine now as I have removed some diseased roses that were spindly and non-producing plus did a major deadheading and tidying up of spent blossoms.

Did some knitting too!

Have a great week everyone!

1 Comments:

At 4:14 p.m., Blogger lookinout said...

I could easily put you to work in Ottawa too. You set such an example. My garden just gets away from me, particularly in the heat. And there's whitefly too.
Gillian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home