Tuesday, May 15, 2007

8 Random Things

OK so I have been memed. I am supposed to tag 8 people but I dont' think I know 8 bloggers who haven't already been tagged so I guess that I am the grinch who stopped the meme.

8 random things about me:

1. I love Jane Austen - both books and movies ... old and new and try to read at least 1 of her books every summer, although this summer it is Charles Dickens's Bleak House (written about 50 years after Jane's books). My favourite Jane Austen is Persuasion.

2. My favourite movie is "Truly, Madly, Deeply". it makes me cry every time I watch it but then my daughter complains that I cry at movies all the time.

3. I started playing the cello when I was 8 and still play it now (community orchestra and chamber groups). Piano Quartets are my favourite.

4. I garden and my favourite plants are Heuchera (Coral Bells - have you seen all of the leaf colours developed in the last few years?), Hosta - especially with yellow or white and Geraniums (the perennial kind, not the big blowsy blossom kind which aren't really Gernaiums at all!). Spring in the garden is the best time.

5. I remember my first phone number (Mohawk - 0847 which changed to Hudson 3 - 0847 and then to 483-0847)

6. I live in the same city I was born in (Toronto) and my children were both born in the same hospital where I was born (Wellesley). My paediatrician when I was a baby had the same phone number that my children's paediatrician has.

7. I went to the same University (BA in Psych and Math) that my Grandfather (MDCM) and Uncle (BA - Modern Languages) graduated from (Queen's University) and the same University (MBA) that my Mother (Mus. Bac), Father (MA - English Literature) , Brother (B.Sc (Med), MD) and son (not quite done yet) graduated/will graduate from.

8. I have 5 cats - the oldest is 20 (Calico female) and the youngest is 2 (see previous post for cute picture). Arthur the Godlen Retriever is 12.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home