Thursday, June 14, 2007

Knit (K)not

When my orchestra finishes for the year (May 25th) my thoughts turn toward the SUMMER OF CHAMBER MUSIC.

Music camps are fun. A bunch of people get together and play (and play and play and play and play... you get the drift, right?) and by about the middle of the week, hands are sore, eyes are tired and thoughts of the couch and a TV start to randomly enter while trying to negotiate something rythmically complex (Brahms for example) and there you are ....lost.

So rather than 1 week of craziness, how about 3 months of semi-craziness instead.

It started on Monday with 4 other like-minded semi-crazies and we played and played Piano Quintets and 2 viola quintets (there was some Beethoven, some Dvorak and some Brahms).

Then Tuesday was supposed to be Piano Trios but that got squished out by family commitments (the pianists, not mine)

Wednesday was a quartet and some Mozart - including one I don't remember ever playing before and Schubert's Death and the Maiden (the 1st 2 movements which are imho more interesting and fun than the last 2)

Tonight there is nothing so I can actually KNIT

So after several KNIT (K)NOT (K)NIGHTS, tonight is a KNIT (K)NIGHT! And even better, it is cool enough to get out the wool.

Now - will it be Kauni or Celtic???

2 Comments:

At 9:58 a.m., Blogger Zarzuela said...

That sounds like a lot of playing! Glad you're getting a rest and some knitting in though.

Jessica

 
At 7:51 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

Awesome - another knitting musician! I am a violist myself and was hoping to get to a music camp this summer. It is too late now but I would welcome suggestions or ideas on how to find one that would suit me. I am in the US, but just over the way (Massachusetts) so I don't feel too silly asking.

Meanwhile, I guess I will knit (and maybe practice for my next lesson!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home