Thursday, June 21, 2007

Something else

Got a bit sidetracked and instead of DKC-ing and knitting socks I started this:


This being Knitting Pure and Simple's Top Down Tunic

In this:

Jo Sharp's Silkroad DK tweed in colour Boheme.

Shaping the neck and the "V" is simple and straightforward - knitted back and forth then joined at the base of the V and knit circularly. I have finished 1 ball of yarn and am about 4 inches into the sweater.

This is for a show sample - to show everyone how beautiful Jo Sharp's yarns are and how a very simple and straight forward pattern can look very different in different yarns.

I hope to knit another version of the same sweater - in a hand dyed yarn I think - possibly Fleece Artist's Blue Faced Leicester DK - perhaps in Ebony if I still have it when the time comes to start the next sample.

My friend Julia presented me with an amazing skein of mohair from Wagtail yarns. It is an extremely fine mohair singles yarn in the most amazing shade of colbalt blue. Must swatch and show you a picture.

2 Comments:

At 1:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cobalt blue sounds spectacular. Yes, please, on the swatch and picture. I love the tunic. Sometimes the simplest patterns with gorgeous yarns are the garments that become favourites. Thanks for sharing.
Barb

 
At 8:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love classic lines! That sweater is going to be beautiful in the Silk Road and I can't wait to see it in the hand-painted.

As for the Wagtail -- you are such a lucky girl to have such good friends! If it had been me, I would have had a hard time parting with such a pretty thing. ;-D

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home